Friday, October 9, 2009

The Answer to the Curious...

Ever since hubby and I started our life in Melbourne, we get many questions from curious friends and family. How is it like there? Is there chinese food? How is the weather like? Is working life more balance? Etc etc etc...

Of so many questions of the curious I received, this is the one I get most frequent...


"Are there durians in Melbourne????"


Well, to answer your question, I'll just let the pictures do the taking.


Ta-da!! Durians on sale. Imported all the way from Thailand. Not so sure it's cheaper than M'sia. It was on sale in an air-conditioned supermarket, i.e. Woolsworth (Jusco/Carrefour/Tesco equivalent). And there's no smell at all. So, from the display saying "Ripe when fruit exudes a strong smell", I think it's not ripe yet.


Ta-da!! Durians nicely wrapped individually.


Durians are heaty. So get some coconut drink!


0 comments:

Post a Comment