Monday, April 27, 2009

Saya Cinta Malaysia

Yes, I love my country Malaysia, very much indeed.

Ever since that our plans of migrating to Australia got broadcast, I’ve been hearing so much comments on our move.

“Wow, you managed to escape!”
“Good for you!”
“You’ll be better off there.”
“Good move!”
“Yes, that’s the way… escape as fast as you can.”
“Your life will be a lot better there.”

Everyone seems to be praising our move.

Nevertheless, this move is very tough on me. I’m born and breed in Malaysia. And I’m very much attached with everything here. I really love the people here. Especially my family and friends…

Malaysia desperately needs good citizens to stay on and persevere and built her up. I felt my own nation needs me more than anywhere else in the world.

There are great needs in this nation and a greater need to open the eyes of the citizen to these needs. There’s still a long way to go to built this nation up to be a strong, righteous and humble nation.

Moreover, I’m somehow fearful that my focus on God would be diverted with my new life. I would only go to a place if and only if God wants me to be there. And I pray that my new life will be purposeful to God and His plans. That we’ll be a blessing to our new home and community.

Nevertheless, I’ll always love my dear Malaysia, and keep her in prayers in all times.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

in different seasons of our lives, God moves us to different places as well. I know, for I was changed tremendously from my trip to Australia.

You may think that you are leaving Malaysia and forgetting Malaysia, but who knows, maybe God is placing you in Australia to be the outreach for Malaysians who are there and to be motivator for them to come back as a stronger, more faithful Christians that this country needs.

Have faith and trust in the Lord. Continue to acknowledge Him in both your lives and I am sure that God will continue to direct your paths as well.

Post a Comment