Monday, May 4, 2009

I love Sue


Dearest Sue,

Gosh! Posting such a heartfelt message on your blog (see Sue's blog) for me is so touching (and surprising). Haha... Nevertheless, you moved me to tears (in the office, thank God for cubicles!). How can I thank you for your love, patience, kindness, guidance, friendship for all these years. Sometimes, I wished I've been a better friend for you. You're always there for me, through ups and downs, tears and laughter, mamak and shopping, nagging and not, etc etc etc...

We've been through kindergarten, primary school and secondary school together. But it was only after we graduated from university that we got close. I can still remember the day we "reunited" after you came back from studying in Australia. It was very, very late at night (or early in the morning). And we were in Burger Kings, Hartamas. YYK was the one who initiated the meet-up. The meet-up in Burger King was a bit awkward. We haven't met in years. And thus, we talked the "weather talk", just the usual "how are you" stuff. But it was the journey back that got us close. I remembered you drove me back home. When we reached my home, we chat in the car for sometime looonnngg time. It was from those sharing that brought us close. I remembered you prayed for me too.

I remembered those times we prayed together with Sarah. And makan sessions which we always over-estimate the capacity of our stomach. Running like crazy because we were late for our movies on Wednesday nights. Celebrating Valentine's Day together in a mamak because everywhere else is sooooooo packed. Talking in the car for hours. Taking care of me like a mother when I had dengue fever. Nagging Advice sharing sessions. Being my beaaaauuutiifuuul bride's maid on my wedding day (and helping me make those tideous booklets for our wedding guest, which are usually thrown away after that) ... etc etc etc...

Sue, I love you and I really love you dearly. I'll definitely miss you a lot when I leave M'sia. Please take good care of yourself and stay safe, healthy and strong. I'll keep you in prayers all the time. Please do keep me in your prayers too.

I won't say goodbye, but see-you-soon.

God bless you...

Keep in touch always...

Love,
Your friend :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment