Friday, August 14, 2009

A Visit to the Library

After moving our our new place, we found out that there's a library nearby. So, one fine afternoon (yes, I WAS still unemployed. Note: past tense :P), I decided to pay the library a warm visit.

Lo and behold, the library was fantastic! It's modern. It's cozy. It's spacious. The staff are friendly. It has almost everything.

Yes, almost everything a library should have... including...

  • Modern computers (WITH LCD monitors) for resource searching. Easy to use search features.

  • Magazines - from food, automobile, cycling, fashion, lifestyle, etc. ... and even those 888 (read Cantonese: paht-paht-paht) magazine featuring Hollywood tabloids! Get your up-to-date news on Brangelina here :P

  • Fictions - Lotsa lotsa them. Teenage novels. Romance novels. Chick-flicks. Murder and crime. Fantasy novels. Etc.

  • Non-fictions - Books on travelling, cooking, automobile, religion, etc etc etc

  • Non-English books - Err... don't really know what language they are, but I think they're some Russian and Greek books around.

  • DVDs - Ya man! Watch movie for FREE at home...

  • CDs - Oldies, Pop, R&B, Hip hop, etc...

  • Books that talk - I mean, audible books. Why read when someone can do it for you?

  • Graphic novels - There's a section labelled "Graphic Novels". Curious of what that means, I went to have a look. And surprise, surprise! The library have MANGA / COMIC. Hehe. I spent most of my time in this section.

  • Internet - Yes, they have a section that looks like a cyber-cafe. But you have to book the time slot at least one day in advance.

  • Useful facilities - Including child care center, story-telling center, discussion rooms, playground (outside of the library), and so on.



Sweeeeeet....

Happily, I signed myself up as a member. And even borrowed a few books.

  • Car magazine - For my hubby dearest :)

  • Cook books (Asian & Mediterranean) - Feel like cooking Paella and Ratatouille this week!

  • Fictions - Some easy reading for my train/tram ride to work.





0 comments:

Post a Comment