Monday, June 22, 2009

All That Jazz!!

We went car-hunting last weekend!

This is the third weekend we went scouting for a car. We really love Honda Jazz the most. Well, I like Honda Jazz the most (n_n)/ It's the most cutest, sportiest, bestest small car (comparing with Toyota Yaris, Mazda 2, Mitsubishi Colt, Holden Barino, Perodua MyVi, etc etc etc). Of course, I really would love Nissan 370Z, but then again... oh well...

This weekend, we went to 2 Honda car showrooms.

First showroom: Robert Lane
I don't like the salesman... I just don't like the things he said. He said we're stupid and silly when we told him our expectation of the price. Hubby did some research online and listened to some experiences, and the budget we placed in for Jazz was very reasonable.

But, he said, "Oh, don't be stupid. That's so stupid... you're making yourself look stupid and you're making me look stupid. That's so silly..."

Note, the sentence above was repeated TWO times. Nobody likes to be called stupid.

So, we walked out...

Second showroom:
This was a lot better. And the salesman was a bit... blur... which was a good advantage for us!

After some sessions of bargaining...

We: Can we have the rear assist?
Salesman: Ok.... (scribbling "Rear Assist" on his paper)
Salesman: Let me check out the price for this...

After "talking to the manager"...

Salesman: Rear assist will cost $500 more.
We: @_@ OOOOHHHHH... Can you throw in for free?
Salesman: No... I can't throw in that for free...
We: Err... hmmm... urrm... Ok, throw away the rear assist. Can you give us mats for free?
Salesman: Hmmm... let me check...

After another session of "talking to the manager"...

Salesman: Ok, we can throw in mats for free. Do I have a handshake ??? (grinning while extending his hand)
We: Hmmm... but the price is still abiiiiiiiiiiiit high...

After a few sessions of bargaining and "talking to the manager"...

Salesman: Ok, we'll give that price! Do I have a handshake ?? (grinning while extending his hand)
Hubby: Yup! (Shook hands)
Salesman: Trust me, you got yourself a great deal! Give me a moment to print out the details...

And then, he came back with the printed details...

We: @_@ Where are the mats? I thought you said you'll throw them in for free?
Salesman: Let me check my paper... Nope, I didn't wrote mats in here...
We: @_@''''

We looked at the paper he scribbled while talking to us. And indeed, no mats. But... he wrote down "rear assist"...

Then, we checked the printed receipt, and "rear assist" was in the receipt...

Then, we concluded he went blur while negotiating and "talking to his manager"...

And finally, we got ourselves a RED hot Honda Jazz!! It'll be arriving in about 3 weeks time, and that will be somewhere on my birthday!!

Yiippeee !! Early birthday pressie (n_n)/


The Honda showroom


Sales, sales, sales!


Our SECOND cup of drink (hot chocolate). We had our first cup (latte) at the first showroom. I think we can go around car showrooms and sample their coffee/drinks while trying to bargain for a car!


Honda Jazz... Imagine this in red!

2 comments:

Swee Ching said...

Very interesting car bargaining story haha, especially the dialogue, very cartoon-ish.

So you're getting the mats or the rear-assist?

Unknown said...

They're getting the rear-assist. Hehe. But considering that the rear-assist costs 6x more than mats, it's a pretty good deal. ^_^

Post a Comment