Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Interesting Experience in Melb: Lunch Hour

One Australian culture that we find hard to adapt is their lunch time. Since I'm still unemployed, it's not applicable to me... yet.

Our friends in Melbourne did warn us about the lunch culture here. We did listen, but I think we took it very lightly.

So, about 3-4 weeks ago, hubby started his first day at work here in Melbourne. He came back home with a tired and exhausting face that screams "FEED ME!".

"Darling," he said, "people here do NOT eat lunch!!".

Well, technically, they DO eat something for lunch. Majority of the people here do not go out and have lunch. They usually pack their lunch from home. They'll have their lunch (usually fruits, salads, sandwiches or light snack bars) at the convenience of their workstation.

OH GOSH... How one normal human being be fed with such LITTLE food. Those to me are just appetizer.

Back in Malaysia, we usually step out of our office, walk to somewhere and have our lunch. Back in HL days, we'll have our yummy claypot chicken rice and soup. YUMS!

Anyway, hubby and I are still adapting to the culture here. What we usually do, is that I'll cook extra for tonight's dinner and pack some for his lunch the next day.

This is his lunch set for today. Made fully with lotsa love!


Rice with cute cherry tomatoes, boiled broccoli, baked chicken and ABC chilli sauce sambal asli (a yummy chilli sauce from Indonesia).


Side view...



Ahhhh~ so much LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE in one lunch box (n_n)/

I'm just so proud of myself!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment