Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I Can Cook!! (Part 2)

Another proud moment of mine (n_n)/

After several days of overdosed Kylie Kwong + Jamie Oliver + Anthony Bourdain, I came out with my own stuffed-chicken-breast-meat recipe. I do not have an oven, thus, I pan-fried it. It turned out better than I thought.

The recipe... (note: try at your own risk)

The stuffing
- Garlic (lots of them if you like garlics)
- Shallot
- Red onion
- Celery
- A bit of basil leaves
- Sprinkle of oregano
- Salt & black pepper
- Olive oil

The meat
- Breast meat - skin and bones removed. Sprinkle and rub with a bit of salt, black pepper, oregano & basil. Let it marinate for 30 min.

1. Finely chopped all the stuffing ingredients and mix them thoroughly.
2. Use a boning knife and cut open a hold in the breast meat.
3. Insert the stuffing into the breast meat.
4. Seal the opening with a toothpick.
5. Heat pan with olive oil.
6. Pan-fry the meat with medium heat, about 10-12 minutes for each side (depending on the thickness of the meat).

The sauce
- Cherry tomatoes - burst them with your fingers (gross, but fun. Please be careful not to squirt tomatoes juices everywhere in the kitchen)
- Preggo tomato sauce
- Olive oil
- Sugar

1. Heat pan with olive oil.
2. Throw in Preggo tomato sauce and squashed cherry tomatoes.
3. Add sugar to taste.


Voila! Pan-fried, stuffed chicken breast meat!


The stuffing...

1 comments:

mei said...

I WANT!! @-@ Please include this in my home cook soup order :)

Post a Comment