Monday, March 2, 2009

Save the Environment... Not!

We went to Carrefour on the weekend to do some grocery shopping. Fueled up to do our bits to save the environment by reducing plastic bag consumption, we brought along our eco-friendly green bag (which, btw, is maroon in colour).

When suddenly, we were stopped at the entrance...

Guard: Excuse me... (pointing at my green bag)
Me: Oh... this... it's my green bag. (smile)
Guard: I need to seal it. (getting ready to seal my green bag with those little plastic seal)
Me: Seal it?!?!?!?! How am I going to use it to put my groceries when I've pay it?? (smile dying fast)
Guard: .... (thinking hard)
Me: I want to reduce plastic bag consumption. And this is my eco-friendly, green bag. (convincing smile)

Then, all of the sudden, he stuffed my green bag into a PLASTIC BAG and seal the plastic bag.

Guard: Nah... here you go... (handing to me my bag stuffed in a plastic bag)
Me: @_@"" I brought along the green bag so that I do NOT have to use plastic bag. And you're putting it into a plastic bag?
Guard: ... (ignoring me)

Gosh! I was so in shock. No offense to the guard. He's probably doing what he is instructed to do - seal ALL bags (this includes hand bags, notebook bags, paper bags, ECO-FRIENDLY GREEN BAGS, etc.), to prevent thievery / shoplifting. If that is so, then instructions should be more clear. Green bags should be allowed to be carried in for usage.

Oh ya... on the way out, I saw at the counters, they were selling eco-friendly green bags. Save the environment by using these bags? Now, can we do it if they stuff our green bags into plastic bags?

I tried to look for a suggestion/feedback box, but I couldn't find it. And we were running out of time... Nevertheless, I will definitely search for the feedback form and put this down in black and white.


My eco-friendly green bag... nicely stuffed in a plastic bag.

2 comments:

Sue said...

my goodness! you should send this to the newspaper for publishing!

esyho said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Post a Comment