Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Dream Wedding

My long awaited testimony (n_n)/


=== Prologue===


"Oh gosh, it's going to rain again," sighed my colleague. "I guess I’d better be stuck in office rather than in a terrible jam."

I looked out of my office window. Dark clouds loomed the sky above, sending thunders and lightning as messages of intimidation. Soon, rain poured, flooding the ground below with its abundance.

It has been raining cats and dogs every evening without fail. Worry began to creep into my mind. Please, don’t rain this Saturday, I whispered a prayer.

You see, this Saturday is my wedding day. Yup, someone actually wants me for a lifetime. One of the biggest days of my life. And I definitely want everything (I repeat, EVERYTHING) to be PPPPPERFECT. Oh yes, you guessed it correctly, I’m an idealist.

Moreover, it’s going to be a garden wedding. This is something I have been dreaming of since I was young. A wedding set in the beautiful lush exterior. Surrounded by blossoming pastel flowers and flourishing greeneries. The mellow composition orchestrated by little adorable birds. Me, in the most elegant white gown, gracefully marching in, as my husband-to-be gazed with anticipation. And the crowd gawked in awe and admiration.

Boooommmmm !!!

The loud thunder shook me back to reality. My mind began to be overwhelmed by worries and doubt. “Dear Lord, will there be rain this Saturday?” my heart whispered.

“It is not going to rain.” A voice, strong and peaceful yet so familiar, calmed the raging doubts of my thoughts.

“It is not going to rain.” I could hear His voice echoing again, bringing a strong sense of assurance and confidence.

“It is not going to rain.” Yes, I believed, it is not going to rain.

“Such a heavy downpour,” sighed my colleague. “You better strategized a backup plan. Looks like it’s going to rain on your wedding day.” said my colleague under his suppressed laughter.

“It is not going to rain.” I replied back with confidence.

“How sure are you?” another colleague asked.

“Positively, definitely, certainly sure,” I assured them, “It is not going to rain.”


=== Fast forward to my wedding day ===


“It is not going to rain.” I could still hear His assuring voice. So far, the day has been beautiful and sunny. Well, maybe somewhat too sunny. I was slightly worried that the day would be too hot. And so, the image of a heavily perspiring bride flashed into my mind. Gosh, I wouldn’t want my family and friends to endure such heat.

And then, off we went in a decorated MPV, my husband-to-be and I to our wedding venue.

Boooommmmm !!! Yes, the familiar sound of the horrendous thunder. And soon, the flood gates of the sky opened and drenched the ground with its downpour.

Little by little, doubt crept in aiming to overpower His assuring voice. I looked out the car window and I could only see dark clouds and rain everywhere.

Riiiinngg… my then fiancé’s bride's maid's phone rang. “Hello,” he she answered.

It was our dear friend who took role as our wedding coordinators.

“The hotel staff needs your confirmation on the wedding venue. They suggested shifting the venue to the foyer… to be on the safe side… in case it rains...”, she said hesitantly.

“Is it raining there?” my fiancé asked.

“No,” she answered, “but this entire place is blanketed with thundering dark clouds. We’re praying very hard for the clouds to away.”

“Let’s continue praying and decide on the shift later.”

And so, we prayed… and we prayed… and we prayed… “It is not going to rain.” I could still remember the assurance I received. Wait a minute. Was that my own voice giving myself false confidence? Or was it the Lord my God, the creator of heaven and earth, who will never leave me nor forsake me?

“Lord, it that You?” my heart whispered.

“It is not going to rain.” I could hear those words again.

The phone rang again. My fiancé picked up the phone. It’s my wedding coordinator again. They required a confirmation as the hotel is to set up the seats and stage.

My fiancé and I looked at each other. And we said, “Set it in the garden. It is NOT going to rain.”

“Are you sure?” my coordinator asked.

“By faith, yes!” my fiancé exclaimed. “In Jesus’ mighty name, amen!”

“Amen!” my wedding coordinator exclaimed.

“Amen!” the best man / driver exclaimed.

“Amen!” my bride’s maid, who was beside me, exclaimed.

“Amen!” I exclaimed. God said that even faith as small as a mustard seed can move mountains. What more moving clouds?

And so, we arrived at the hotel. We looked up to the sky. To our amazement, we saw the dark thundering clouds began to shift. Everyone who was there before us was astonished.

“The dark clouds came. And seated here along with its threatening thunder and lightning. And then, the dark clouds moved. And now it’s gone!” my photographer explained in amazement.

“Your wedding is the best I've experienced. I saw with my own eyes the dark clouds and thought to myself, it’s going rain cats and dogs. And then, with my own eyes, I saw the clouds being blown away.” my make-up artist awed as she did my make-up.

“The dark clouds are being blown away! Our God is all assuring and almighty” my wedding coordinator overjoyed.

And the weather was beauuuutifuuul. The dark clouds that came and gone left behind cool breezes. And the sky was big and blue. My wedding was more perfect than I’ve planned. More magnificent than I could ever dream.

And it was more than just an event. The savour of true meaning of marriage radiated. Unspeakable joy bubbled up. Our hearts was so filled with such immense love. Both my husband and I immersed ourselves in the presence of God as we make our marriage covenant.

“See… I told you it is not going to rain” I could hear His smile. He never failed to awe me again.

My wedding reminds me of one thing. That my God is bigger than I could imagine. There’s nothing too big for Him to overcome. And nothing too small for Him to ignore. Though He’s the King of kings and the Lord of lords, He’s also my faithful friend.

He loves me dearly… (by the way, if you’re wondering, He loves you very, very much too!)

Blessed assurance.

True confidence.

My hope in times of need.

Lord Jesus Christ, we thank you…


The garden (top view)


Yay! Purple ribbons everywhere!


The floral arch


Beauuuutiful pink roses


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha.. AMEN! God is certainly amazing and wonderful! Btw, ur wedding coordinator called ur bridesmaid, not the groom lei...
hahahaha

Abigail said...

Oppss... I think I very blur and panicky :P :P Let me update...

Post a Comment