Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Save the Environment... Again??

After my previous experience of attempting to reduce plastic bag consumption (see: Save the Environment... Not!), I have NOT, am NOT, and will NOT learn my lesson. Stubborn as a mule, I pressed on to be a good steward of what was gifted to us.

So, last weekend, we went to do our grocery shopping. This time, we went to Giant. I brought along two of my eco-friendly green bags. For short, let's call my eco-friendly green bag as greenie.

As we were approaching the entrance, we noticed the guard standing on the left of the entrance. Quickly, I fold my greenies and hid them between my hubby's arm. And like a ninja, we tip-toed our way in.

Unfortunately... The guard spotted us.

>>> Transparent Mode Activating >>>
>>> 21% to Completion >>>

Guard: Excuse me...

>>> 43% to Completion >>>

Guard: Excuse me...

>>> 78% to Completion >>>

Guard: EXCUSE MEEEEEE!!!

>>> Alert!! Transparent Mode Activation Failed >>>

Me: Huh?? Me?? You're calling me?? (pretending blur)
Guard: Yes... those bags, you cannot bring them in.
Me: But we need to use it to put our groceries after we paid for them. We want to reduce plastic consumption and save the environment. (convincing look)
Guard: You cannot bring them in. You can leave them at the counter outside and collect them later.
Me: But we need to use it to put our groceries after we paid for them. We want to reduce plastic consumption and save the environment. (pitiful look)
Guard: I'm sorry... you cannot bring them in.
Me: But we need to use it to put our groceries after we paid for them. We want to reduce plastic consumption and save the environment. (pissed-off look)
Guard: The manager is inside. If he/she sees it, he/she'll get angry and scold all of us...

Ahhhh... I was right... It is really the management's idea to forbid ALL greenies to be carried in. Then, why are they selling greenies anyway?? And all those Save-the-Environment preaching??

Guard: Ok ok... like this, you stuffed your greenies in your handbag. Don't let your greenies be so obvious...
Me: Oh ok (stuffing two large, tough, hard-material, greenies into my handbag)
Guard: Thank you (smile)
Me: Thank you!! (smile, smile, smile)
Guard: Be careful, ok.


Yes, we'll be careful of the manager. But it'll be better if he/she approaches us. Then, I can get my feedback directly to them :)


My greenies, all stuffed in my handbag.


Two fully utilised greenies (n_n)/



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

AGAIN!! You should've just demanded to speak to the manager.. I know I would! hahahaha

Post a Comment