Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Approval, At Last!

Last weekend, we went home-hunting again. We listed 4 units we would love to inspect. Our friends were busy that weekend, so we went hunting by ourselves. We printed out maps from the website and plan our route by train and foot. Due to lack of time to travel from one location to another, we only managed to view only 2 of them. And one of them is a unit which I really, really like (judging from the picture in the website). And true enough, when we inspect my "favourite" unit, we really REALLY like it, a lot.

So, again, we applied for the unit. This time, I took charge of the application. And this is my winning strategy!

Strategy #1 : Pray HARD, really really HARD
Prayer works. This time, we prayed before the inspection. We prayed after the inspection. We prayed after filling up the form. And we prayed during the form submission.

Strategy #2 : Write Grandmother Stories in the Form
I think of our application was rejected because we don't have a financial/rental background in Australia and hubby was the only breadwinner of the family (for the time being). So, this time, I wrote "grandmother stories" of why we do not have a background in Australia, stating we just got migrated here, and I'm currently looking for job.

Strategy #3 : "Kam-Ching" with the Agent (Note: "Kam-Ching" means be friendly)
I woke up early on the following Monday morning. I called up the agent and talk to her politely. I told her that we're new in Melb and we really wish to get a nice unit to rent. And we really LOOOOVE the unit we saw last weekend. I wanted to be super friendly to her, but I was kinda sickish. So, my conversation with her was kinda blur.

Strategy #4 : It's all about the MONEY $$$
If you can't beat them, out-bid them! There were 8 applications altogether for the unit. And we really love it. It's difficult to find a unit we both love. And it's difficult to go through the cycle of rejection-inspection-application-rejection. The price was within our budget. So, I increased the rent per week a little, which was STILL within our budget (though it's kinda at the border of our budget).

Strategy #5 : Pray HARD!!
Oh... did I mention, that prayer works??

Strategy #6 : PANIC!!
Ok, this is not really a good strategy. But I did panic and got stressed up whilst waiting for approval.

So, after loads of inspections and applications and rejections, our application is SUCCESSFUL at last! The agent called me and schedule a time with us to discuss on the contracts and stuff.

And thus, the following day, we went to the agent's office. Signed some contracts. Paid the initial deposits. And it's official, we got ourselves our OWN HOME!

Though, I'm still stressed up a little. We can only move in next month. And I really do not wish to bother my friends so long. I felt that we're robbing their privacy and comfort. Sigh... I really hope they'll forgive me... and this period to end fast...

0 comments:

Post a Comment