Thursday, July 23, 2009

Interesting Experience in Melb: Fingernails

Back in Malaysia, I used to cut my finger nails during the weekend. It's one of those habit you pick up during primary/secondary school days.

At that time, every Monday morning, during the assembly, after the "angkat, turun tangan"... and also the "sedia, baris sedia, senang diri"... and also the repetitive singing of the national anthem and the school song because we sang as softly as the butterflies... and also the "baca ikhrar"... and also the spot checks: shoe checking to make sure it's white, badge and name tag checking to make sure we're wearing school badges and name tags, socks checking to make sure our socks is not too high up, too low, or rolled down, hair checking to make sure it's not too long, not too short, tidy and neat, etc etc etc... and fingernails checking!

At that time, we have to raise our hands with our palms facing down, and the perfects will check our fingernails to make sure that they're short, neat and clean. If they're not, your name will be in the discipline book, you'll have to give your "reason" to the discipline teacher (duh, I lazy/forgot to cut it during the weekend), and a nice hit on the palm from the discipline teacher's rotan.

And thus, the habit of cutting nails during weekend.

Yes, I'm a female. And yes, I would to exhibit feminine qualities. But I prefer my nails to be short and clean.

Anyway... it's been 2-3 weeks since I last cut my fingernails in Melbourne. Why? Because, it's really NOT growing.

*GASP* What's wrong with me?

I did a Google search and found out that, the reason why fingernails are not growing well is due to malnutrition.

*ahem* The amount of food I take is DOUBLE the amount I usually take in Malaysia. I take my main meals (rice, vege, meat) in big portion, then I take fruits (banana, orange, apple), then I take desserts (chocolateeesssssss). And I'm having malnutrition?

You must be kidding?

Last night, I asked my hubby on his nails. And his fingernails are growing slower than usual as well!!

So, therefore, I conclude... Cold weather makes the fingernails grow slower.

(=,=)""

0 comments:

Post a Comment