Monday, July 6, 2009

Me

What is it I see? Is that me in front of me?
Tell me, who you claim to be? Me?

How dare! How can you claim that?
I am not you, I am not like that.

But, yes, you are right,
You’re me, alright.

To deny you, I’m really sorry,
My sight was too bleak and murky.

Focusing on the wrong things, I have,
Predicaments and hindrances, I raved.

Staring at each other, I’m ashamed and aghast,
With the truth I wish not want to grasp.

My heart bleak with the person you bear,
Sitting shabbily on a sand-built chair.

Your belt unbuckled, torn and disregarded,
Your breastplate left aside, tarnished and rusted.

You left your feet to bare,
With no shoe to wear.

Your arms too frail for the shield oh so heavy,
You treated your helmet without care or worry.

Your sword left on shelf to flaunt,
Your daily practice left to naught.

Lord, what have I become into today?
A white washed tomb, You once said?

Now stand, I say, stand!
Put on your full armour and stand.

Wipe away those self-pity tears,
Throw away your baggage of ignorance and fear.

And run, I say to you, run!
Focus on the finishing line and run.

Forgive me, oh Lord, please forgive me,
Break me all over again to mold me.

Let me not go astray, I deeply pray,
Bring me back to You, in every way.

1 comments:

Sue said...

Amen and Amen. God is google, and in many ways, He will continue to draw u towards Him. Don't give up on this yearning for Him and continue to fight!

Post a Comment