Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Trying out Mom's Recipe

Yesterday, I attempted to cook my mom's dishes again. This time, I rang her up (I'm using a phone card: DayBreak) to get to know in details of the recipe.

Thus, yesterday dinner was:

1) Sweet and sour, tomato sauce, pork chop.
Mom's recipe:
- Pound pork chop like crazy. Marinate with oyster sauce and a bit of sugar, for 30 minutes or more.
- Before pan-frying, coat pork chop with corn floor.
- Pan-fried porkie till golden brown. Take out from pan.
- For the sauce, stir fry some chopped chillies and onions, and some of those peas and corn bits. Then, pour in the ketchup and water. Add sugar to taste. Add a bit of corn floor to thicken the sauce.


The result!!! Yummy porkie chop in sweet and sour tomato sauce!!



2) Stir-fry leek and carrot with minced porkie
Mom's recipe
- Marinate minced pork with soya sauce, oyster sauce and a bit of sugar for 30 minutes or more.
- Stir fry minced pork till cooked.
- Add in chopped leeks. Stir stir stir. Fry fry fry.
- Add in chopped carrots. Stir stir stir. Fry fry fry.
- Add oyster sauce and water. Stir stir stir. Fry fry fry.
- Put on the lid for about 30 sec - 1 minute.


The end result. I kinda overcooked the vege :( That's because I FORGOT about the minced meat!!! I cooked the vege WITHOUT the meat.. Then I have to scoop up all the vege and then start all over again.



3) Steam eggie with minced porkie
Mom's recipe
- Beat 1 salted egg and 2 eggs in a bowl. Add a little of water.
- Pour egg mixture onto bowl with minced pork.
- Heat wok with water. Once the water starts to boil, put in the bowl onto the stand on the wok. Put on the lid.
- Steam for 15 minutes.
- When done, add in some soya sauce and pepper to taste.

This is my SECOND attempt. And the looks is alot better than my first (n_n)/ However, there's no salted egg in my second attempt. So the taste is not as nice as the first.

First attempt. Look at its super rough surface. And the minced meat kinda hard. That's because I pressed it down unto the bowl. Wrong move. Mom said that the minced meat supposed to be light so that the eggs can go in between them.


Second attempt. Hmmm, looks better. But eggs kinda hard. Lack of water. And lack of the salted egg taste.


Dinner is served!


0 comments:

Post a Comment